samedi 30 janvier 2016

TWRP issues ?



TWRP in general for me has been a mixed bag. I remember using it back when I had my Galaxy S4, and it had problems making nandroids for Touchwiz, but not CM. Typically there was a problem with the kernel. Lately with my Nexus 6 periodically it will either freeze/stall. Tonight I created a nandroid and for whatever reason when I was trying to restore it, it showed it was restored then when I tried to reboot system, the phone rebooted into bootloader mode. I could not reboot the phone it just kept cycling into bootloader mode no matter what I did.

I did not have internet, all I had was a copy of the most recent TWRP and a custom ROM zip. I recommend always keeping a copy of these files. At any rate, there's something wrong with TWRP. Initially I went into fastboot and just re-flashed TWRP. Still had problems. Then I used fastboot to erase recovery, then reflash via fastboot the copy I had then used adb pull to pull in the custom ROM into the sdcard and started up.

I still don't know what happened, but clearly there was an issue with TWRP. I may have been able to recover using the toolkit although I didn't have internet, but for those who just use the toolkit, there's definitely merit to knowing the fastboot commands and using adb pull/push.

Download from this link

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire