mercredi 27 janvier 2016

Help Unbricking S3



I have bricked my S3 before and have successfully unbricked it. This time is very much unlike the last, however. To start with, I don't know what caused the brick. My S3 has been working perfectly on rooted stock firmware for several months. The day it bricked, I was using it normally and hit the power button for it to go to sleep. 3 hours later I noticed I hadn't heard any notifications and I found that my phone wasn't turning on. So for starters, I don't even know what caused my phone to become bricked.

Anywho, I located the unbrick img, booted into Linux, and flashed the image to an SD card. Popped that into the S3 and....nothing. After some searching I found there was a specific unbrick img for the new bootloader that came with the KK updates. After flashing that image to the SD and popping it in the S3 I was greeted with the "Boot Recovery Mode" which appears to transfer to Odin Mode just fine.

I open Odin 3.07 and tried flashing the factory reset tar for NJ2 and I get this:

Code:


<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)


So I found 2 different PIT files for my Sprint Galaxy S3 16GB. Both give me this error:

Code:


<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/005> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/005> FAIL!
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Re-Partition operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)


I tried this in Odin 3.09 and even 1.85 just to see if any of that would magically work. Nope. I saw several users report that rebooting the phone/PC would get the PIT to flash but nothing on that front either. So I'm guessing that means the PIT files are bad but I find that a little difficult to believe. I also noticed that Odin 1.85 reports the device as "Android+SLP" and not an S3. I also read about the S3 having a problem with its eMMC and that it would need to be shipped away for motherboard surgery. So I'm prepared to call the time of death on this phone but I figured I would give one last ditch attempt by presenting my situation to the genius collective of XDA. Any suggestions?

Download from this link

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire