mercredi 27 janvier 2016

Need a bit of advice- 1337 4.4.4 nj4 custom rom options + routes



Greetings. Here's a bit of quick backstory-

I have experience rooting many android devices. I have only flashed 2 kernels before iirc (2 different devices) with Odin. I've tried to do as much reading as I could but I'm a little stumped and also been having some brainfog due to life stress so I need a little help if anyone could be kind enough to help.

The main device in question is my At&t Galaxy s4

-SGH-1337 on 4.4.4
-Baseband/build NJ4
-Stock at&t rom as far as I remember
-Rooted
-Locked bootloader

Now what I want to do is flash a good custom rom. I have my eye on Hyperdrive but I'm confused on a few things-

•Do I need to use loki or safestrap? Which one should I use?
•To use Hyperdrive RSL20 do I need to downgrade from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2? Can I even?
•If Hyperdrive isn't an option for me, how exactly should I go about flashing something like Goldeneye? I'm a little confused on the process at this point with both loki and safestrap. I tried the newest version of safestrap for NJ4 apparently but the rom slots apparently aren't working yet for that version and I wasn't sure if it was wise to flash over the stock rom slot. Kind of confused on this whole thing.

I'm not asking for fleshed out guides or anything as I can find those myself. Just kind of need some clarification on these things for the tl;dr version-

•Being on 4.4.4 locked bootloader, if I want to flash a 4.4.2 rom, do I need to downgrade? Can I even?

•Should I use loki or safestrap? In order to use safestrap in my case it looks like I"ll have to downgrade either way, is this correct?


I thank everyone for taking their time to read through this.

Also mods, I apologize if this is in the wrong area.

Download from this link

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire